Judi Donaghy is guest vocalist.
JazzMN's artistic director Doug Snapp has announced the evening's program.
- "And Thad Ain't Bad." An unpublished work Dr. Snapp recently received from jazz composer Bill Holman.
- "Hidden Agenda." Composed and arranged by Eric Richards, recorded by the US Army Jazz Ambassadors, this "world music" piece was inspired by the music of Argentine tango master Astor Piazzolla.
- "Greetings and Salutations." A kind of funky jazz piece composed by Thad Jones.
- "Whisper Not." An arrangement of the Benny Golson tune by Alan Baylock (US Airforce Airmen of Note), featuring Judi Donaghy on vocals
- "Bluesette." Arranged by Eric Richards as a Latin chart in 4/4. With Judi Donaghy.
- "Girl Talk." Featuring Mary Louise Knutson on piano.
- "Rhythm-a-ning." Another unpublished arrangement Snapp calls a "burning fast swinger."
Seven arrangements by John Clayton: "Eternal Triangle," "Heart and Soul," "For All We Know," "Jody Grind," "I Be Serious 'Bout Dem Blues," "Squatty Roo," "Mood Indigo."
The concert takes place on Saturday, Oct. 1, at 7:30 p.m. at the Hopkins High School Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $27/$29 advance, $29/$31 door, $10 student rush. Order online or call 1-866-811-4111.